Friday, July 21, 2006



[the things I do still believe - for sure]

Like I always say: I believe in tomorrows. Not just the actual time, but the concept in itself. I believe in life. The things that happen all around us. I believe in fragments, but I also believe in wholesome. I believe we all have little pieces of ourselves scattered around us. And that some of those pieces we will get back one day, and some we won't.

And I'm not talking just about men in women's lives and women in man's lives. It's much deeper than that obvious layer. To my greater satisfaction: to me and to the few friends life brought me, that is not the most important thing in our existence. I've always felt that there are many smiles I want before that smile is given me. And perhaps that's why some men do find me intimidating [oh, man, how I wanted to be intimidated myself for a change].

I believe in love. And - a bit chocking, I might add - I think I always will. No matter how many times my stubbornness says I don't. I do. Maybe, maybe, not in my life exactly [mainly because I won't let it, or because my Martian guy hasn't decided to land on Earth yet and tell me firmly the things I need to be told], but, come on, love is happening all around us. And it is a beautiful thing. In fact, it is why we take crappy jobs, and why we manage to have so many bad days, and because no matter how short we are on cash, that smile from that dear person always brings our own smile.

And that's precisely why I believe in friendship. Because it has to be from pure love.

Only a real friendship survives time and the misunderstandings life always brings along with itself.

Only bad moments will let you know of true relationships.

Because anyone and anything can get through good times.

It's as simple as that, I'm afraid.

And I do love the simple things. I love to watch construction workers at lunchtime [eating that big pile of food with an also big spoon and with such a great satisfaction that it nearly seems as a kings meal], and I love to watch new lovers [when everything is so fresh and exciting, and every little detail counts], and I love when a child plays by him/herself [has anyone seen it? Its nearly a perfect moment: when a pure reason meets an also pure emotion]. I love so many things. To my wonder and a yet not understood reason, I am good at seeing life. I sometimes can sense things that I know the people around me can't. That sometimes scares me. Can I call it a gift or just a really tacky way of being a drama queen?

Well, I guess I still have some years of life to figure that out.

While paths are created again and again everyday, and ends annunciate new beginnings, I realize that - for now, at least - I'm better as a people watcher. May the world [or the little bit of the world I can afford] be my window. I'll leave the shopping for later on.

And I'm ok with that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ps: certo. eu assumo a porcentagem de Charlotte que há em mim. tava mais do que na hora, né?

No comments: